Signs and Symptoms
– Stuffy or runny nose –
– Pain in the face near the sinuses –
– Chronic headache –
– Foul smell from mouth –
– Soreness in throat and cough –
Meet Ayurveda & Let’s Find Out More
Ayurveda says that an imbalance in the kapha dosha is the main cause of sinusitis. Certain dietary and lifestyle factors can lead to aggravation in the kapha dosha and trigger the accumulation of excess mucus in the sinuses that attract pathogenic infections. Some of the important kapha aggravating factors are –
– Excess consumption of cold, and heavy food
– Eating without hunger or overeating
– Lack of exercise
– Sleeping during the daytime
– Exposure to extreme cold
How Ayurveda can help
For effective sinusitis relief, Ayurveda uses adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha, mulethi, and healing herbs like turmeric, Brahmi, sandalwood, etc. These ayurvedic herbs help to
- Prevent the infection in the sinuses.
- Reduce the intensity and frequency of sinusitis pain
- Rejuvenate the sinus lining
- Strengthen the overall immunity.
Ayurvedic nasal drops (Nasya)
Sinusitis treatment can never be complete without using Ayurvedic nasal drops or Nasya therapy. In nasya therapy, your Ayurveda physician will apply medicated oil in both your nostrils one by one after a brief massage and steam. Nasya helps to –
- Bring instant reduction in sinusitis pain
- Enhance the blood circulation
- Promote drainage of mucus from the sinuses
- Reduce the infection in the sinuses
- Improve the local immunity.
Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle
For lasting relief in sinusitis, we help to formulate a perfect dietary and lifestyle plan that will help to prevent and manage all the symptoms of sinusitis. This plan is –
- Completely tailored to your daily commitments and current health conditions
- Helps to enhance the overall immunity
- Prevents the aggravation of the current symptoms.