The name sciatica emerges from the name of a nerve called the sciatic nerve. This nerve branches down from the pelvic region to the lower limbs. Sciatica is a condition in which there is nervous hypersensitivity and pain in the sciatica nerve. This pain normally occurs when there is some abnormal pressure on the sciatica nerve.
Signs and Symptoms
– Discomfort all along the lower back to the limbs –
– Sharp pain radiating from the pelvic region to the limbs –
– Worsening of pain after sitting for a long time –
– Numbness or a feeling of tingling in the limbs –
Frequently carrying a heavy load
Sudden shocks to the spine
Sitting for a long duration
Gradual bone deterioration because of aging
Meet Ayurveda & Let’s Find Out More
How Ayurveda can help
Ayurveda focuses on balancing the exacerbated vata dosha in the body using Ayurvedic medications, treatments, and dietary and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda provides comprehensive control over the causative variables in this way, which may provide long-term relief from sciatica pain.
To help the body eliminate pain-causing metabolic toxins, Ayurveda uses cleaning and therapeutic Ayurvedic herbs like Turmeric and Ashwagandha. Herbs like Guggulu and Rasna help to strengthen the sciatica nerve and also help by reducing edema, pain, and stiffness.
Ayurvedic treatment Kati vasti involves pouring and retaining the medicated oil on the back with the help of a black gram dough. This is a really effective treatment because it –
- Boosts blood circulation in the pelvic region.
- By providing better nutrition to the spinal cord, it aids in faster recovery.
- Relaxes and strengthens the spinal muscles, reduces nerve irritation, and provides immediate relief from back discomfort.
Churna pottali swedanam
With a heated herbal bolus, Churna Pottali Swedanam steams the back region, focusing on the painful areas.
This technique –
- Improves local blood flow
- Provides a lot of lubrication to the spine’s bones and muscles.
- Relieves pain and loss of motion
Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle
We provide an Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle plan to nourish your complete body, particularly your nerves. As a result, the diet and lifestyle suggestions for sciatica pain alleviation –
- Are created specifically for your body type and current health status.
- Help to alleviate pain and discomfort
- Enhance the spine’s flexibility and range of motion
- Assist in avoiding symptom aggravation.