Frequently Asked Questions
Ayurveda is an ancient healthcare system, that originated in India approximately 5000 years back. It is a holistic and natural healing system that offers a unique personalized approach to the prevention and cure of diseases Ayurveda says that a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit is the key to health and happiness. So, its main goal is not just to treat illnesses but also to improve health.
Thus, Ayurveda is a natural healing system that looks at the body as a whole and offers a unique, personalised way to prevent and treat diseases.
Ayurveda says that every person is made up of five elements: space, air, fire, water, and earth.
These fundamental elements form the dosha or the three metabolic patterns in the body, namely Vata, Kapha, and Pitta. The physical, mental, and emotional health of a person depend on a fine balance of these doshas.
Ayurveda has a unique concept of constitution. It says that everyone has a unique body and mind the dosha dominant in an individual defines his body type. Body type is akin to a unique ID for the individual. The body type is the foundation to design the ideal daily routine, diet, lifestyle and Ayurvedic treatment for an individual.
In a balanced state, these doshas run the metabolism of the body, like the way three legs support a tripod.
However, improper dietary and lifestyle habits and stress can lead to an imbalance in these doshas. Ayurveda says that the doshik imbalance is the fundamental reason for all disorders.
The diagnosis and treatment of disorders is also based on the dosha system. Ayurveda classifies the diseases according to their dosha dominance. Hence, the Ayurvedic treatment for any disease is also designed keeping in mind the dosha-based body type, seasonal dosha cycle and dosha imbalance.
Ayurvedic treatment includes –
- An in-depth consultation with Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis
- Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle plan, personalized according to individual constitution
- Ayurvedic therapies such as Massage, Kizhi, Nasya/li>
Yes, we provide home visits for postnatal sessions to ensure that you are relieved from the stress of travelling.
The home visits are currently available in a limited area with extra travelling costs. If you have an urgent requirement, please get in touch with the practitioner and we will try our best to accommodate your convenience
- Please bring warm clothing to wear following the session.
- Please have a meal at least an hour prior to your appointment.
Therapies and Treatments
For normal delivery: 7 days after normal delivery
For C section: 14 days after C section
- Ayurvedic pregnancy massage is entirely safe. At VediqRoots, it is done by a trained and experienced practitioner and consists of gentle and relaxing strokes.
- It helps the new mothers to regain strength and stamina, accelerates internal healing, shrinks the stretch marks, and enhances blood circulation and milk production.
- Ayurvedic post-natal massage is also helpful in the effective prevention of body pain, constipation, lethargy, drowsiness, and many other post-natal problems.
- Besides, it also brings an excellent stress-relieving effect to the mind. Thus, it is an effective prevention for post-partum depression too!
- Yes, it is possible to indulge in a relaxing post-natal massage after the C-section.
- The post-natal massage helps to improve blood circulation and enhances the healing after a C-section. It may also help you to reduce the scars of C-sections.
- For a post-C-section massage, the types of strokes and their intensity may differ from those used for regular post-natal massage.
- The strokes are purposely softer and slower, personalized to the healing requirements and comfort of the client.
It completely depends on your health condition.
- If you are completely healthy, a detox treatment during every seasonal change may help you preserve your health, prevent seasonal disorders, and reduce the rate of ageing.
- If you are suffering from any chronic disorder, the physician may advise you on a personalized treatment plan.